Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I was reading this on CNN today and it was interesting how many of the comments indicated that they didn't really believe that the comments were made because there was no video coverage of it. I think it just highlights the white privilege that exists and as time passes, the Tea Party and its ilk will amplify it even more. I wonder how much longer before we see riots similar to those seen in the 1960s, except this time done by those who feel they are losing privilege (white middle-lower class).

Much like the Chinese curse "We live in interesting times".
Yes, Linus, this what is most disturbing to me. I don't want to be an alarmist, but violence can spring from difficult economic times which we are in. I don't blame people for worrying, believe me, I get that. But, what is going on with these demonstrations coupled with the fear and anger about the economy is a dangerous mix. And immigration reform is going to be introduced as well.

The only other disgust I am feeling today has been in watching C-SPAN and the dog & pony show in which the GOP is feeding fear and have made the most arrogant statements (you bet, privileged) about the health-reform legislation. We actually elect and pay these idiots!!! And their support of the Teabag Party (want their votes in Nov.) is absolutely support of racism!

The bill is a whole lot different than I wanted, but, I can't see how anything will ever change in this system without getting this through.

Whoops... I need to fix the link for sending a protest email to the Congressional Democrats to stand up to the GOP and its support of Tea bagging bigots. here is the main link to the DCCC which has a place to send an email of protest supporting the Democrats challenging the GOP's support of the Tea Party which is responsible for yesterday and todays racist, anti-gay/lesbian slurs and spitting on congressional members.

http://www.dccc.org/page/s/inthismess

Last edited by AtLast; 03-21-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: error
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote