Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Yes the health care reform bill passed and is a really great start in puting things to right,but I fear Louisiana will be trying to stop it in this state,our gov is a srtong suported of anything against anything the dems do or want to do.Now if Bush was still in office or it was a republic thing he would be kissing azz.

Does anyone know yet, if the person that yelled-out baby Killer at Stupak (sp??) on the House Floor yesterday has been identified as a member of Congress?

Yes, LA might very well put the brakes on the fix-it portion of the health-care reform legislation. I actually don't like some of the bill as it pertains to these kinds of deals. The dems were wrong to do this, but, I want it passed (the fix-it). I am so tired of the craziness in Congress. Do they know how assinine so many of them appear?

Frankly, until there are many more women, POC, TG/I, queers in general, disabled people, and every other disenfranchised group in the US serving in our Congress, things will be as they are. And it really does take the people to change this. Right now, however, there are so many of us in dire financial situations, that we can't muster the gumption to participate to the level that we saw in Obam's election. And frankly, I do wonder if some of this was behind the entire economic collapse! Wide spread economic difficulty is very effective in keeping the non-white, non-rich masses in their place!

AH! Here it is!

Randy Neugebauer (R-Tex.) identified himself as the member of congress who shouted "baby killer" during Rep. Bart Stupak's (D-Mich.) speech on the floor of the House of Representatives Sunday night.
Neugebauer, a three-term member of Congress from Texas, issued a statement of apology on Monday, saying that the statement was not directed at Stupak.
"In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase 'it's a baby killer' in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership," Neugebauer said. "I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself."
Neugebauer's official Congressional Web site is down at the moment but his campaign site can be found here.
Here is the Texas Republican's statement of apology:
"Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health care bill that my constituents fear and do not support. In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase 'it's a baby killer' in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself.

"I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill. The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."
Neugebauer's outburst came at the end of an intense day of debate and voting on the health care reform bill. Stupak, an anti-abortion Democrat who struck a deal with the White House in exchange for a "yes" vote on the bill, had taken to the floor of the House to deliver a speech opposing a Republican amendment that would have reintroduced stricter abortion financing language in the bill -- language that Stupak, himself, previously introduced.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_508525.html

Last edited by AtLast; 03-22-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: addition
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: