Old 03-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #762
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool BEFOREIGNERS [Fremvandrerne]

I have been watching a Norwegian crime/mystery - sci-fi series (1st HBO Nordic release, 2019- - btw, HBO Nordic offers a free trial) called "BEFOREIGNERS" or its original Norwegian name "Fremvandrerne", in Norwegian with English subs.

https://beforeigners.com/overview/

Reviews are pretty good, and it's interesting. From the past, people begin appearing mysteriously, coming out of the water in a flash of light into a modern-day Norway. All these people come from the distant past, so one has quite a few Vikings and others from 2 other different epochs in Norway's history, who are all roaming around in the present day. Most of the series takes place about 7 years later. This is also a global phenomenon, and the series centres around Oslo, the police, and a Viking warrior, Alfhildr, (a woman ) who finds a job as a police officer, and partners up with a detective, and then it becomes a crime series.

"In the near future a new phenomenon starts happening all over the world with powerful flashes of light occurring in the ocean and people from the past mysteriously reappearing. Called “beforeigners,” these people come from three separate time periods: the Stone Age, the Viking era and late 19th century. A couple of years later, Alfhildr – who comes from the Viking Age – has to partner up with a burned-out police officer, Lars Haaland, to investigate the murder of a beforeigner. The pair begins to unravel a larger conspiracy behind the origin of the mysterious mass arrivals."

What fun - combining two of my favourite kinds of TV series: crime/mystery and sci-fi.

In some respects, it reminded me of the sci-fi series, "Alien Nation". Anyways, I am enjoying this series.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: