View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #96
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default a day to blast away cabin fever!!!

Yeah? Where did the day go?

After having an "extended" weekend and Roomie not going to work Monday and Tuesday...
Today at 6am, I woke to a dark, quiet house, tried to focus on the clock...listened for Roomie stirring around...No Roomie found, jumped up and ran into Roomie's room shouting "Your alarm didn't go off!! You're gonna be late!"
Roomie: huh? what?
Me: You're alarm didn't go off!! You have to be at work at 7??
Roomie: no, I don't go in till 10
Me:

So I leave feeling bad and curl back in my bed after heart attack averted...fluff my pillow, tuck back under my really warm blanket, say a little thank you prayer for my warm purple Eeyore PJs and proceed to cover my eyes with my Pink Panther bathrobe to block out any light...

I quickly accomplished a VERY deep sleep....lights out with Pink Panther blindfold! I have no idea what time it was, but I woke to my Roomie standing next to me, asking "How did you make that stuff?"
Me: with only one eye uncovered huh what?
Roomie: How did you make that stuff?
Me: What stuff? Is that the same as thangs??
Roomie: That stuff you make me for breakfast?
Me: I cover my eyes again and describe how to make his omelet with stuff in the middle

Off to work Roomie goes after breakfast....

After another REALLY DEEP sleep, with my bones aching, I get up, wrap up in my robe, take the dogs out one at a time on a leash to keep them contained in the Puppy Poop Area, FROZE my ass off waiting on Tashi because she refused to "go" while on a leash... go back inside to thaw out and feed all the critters....
  • Look at the clock, decided the ice had melted enough to get my car out....
  • Quickly get dressed
  • managed to get tarp off car while fighting high winds, without getting blown away like crazy-out-of-control-big-blue-kite
  • start car to warm up
  • gather and organize a BUNCH of stuff to mail off...
  • clean Willy's ears and medicate (poor guy has ANOTHER ear infection)
  • Oppps, nearly forgot the movies that are a day late...
  • load car...
  • fuss with Willy to get in his create "you can't go today buddy, you'd freeze in car"...
  • managed to get car out of drive way without getting stuck in the LAKE of a mud puddle, sliding on any ice or getting the car's belly stuck on any snow drifts...

after about 20 miles later and dodging other drivers who neglected to remove the HUGE sheets of ice from the top of their vehicles...
  • Dropped movies off at Blockbuster in the "big town" (no extra charges due to ice storm)
  • walked over to MailBoxes Etc looking for "little bubble bubblewrap", NONE FOUND...
  • walked over to grocery store, found bubblewrap (bought 4 bags) and a few other treats to mail
  • FROZE ass off (again) getting back to car at Blockbuster
  • drove over to a different grocery store to buy Mom's favorite Carolina Gold BBQ sauce for her care package
  • got on highway, drove several miles to nearby "small town"
  • stopped by favorite BBQ shack for several jars of special local Honey, a quick lunch sandwich, a few other unique treats and a VERY cute hand sewn handmade pocketbook/lunch bag I thought would really work nice for my new job (staying hopeful I would get official offer some time soon) it has BEAUTIFUL BLUE BUTTERFLIES painted on it!! how could I pass it up?...
  • drive a few blocks to the Post Office....
  • spent nearly an hour organizing, sorting, wrapping and packing 4 care packages (there were LOTS of glass canning jars with yummy treats)
While packing the last box....with 30 minutes before the Post Office closed.... phone rings.... I GOT THE JOB!!!! lost the call due to no signal ....
Roomie beeps in...hit ignore 'cause I was trying to call Employer back....
Roomie beeps in again....pick up, tell him I'll call him back...
2 seconds later, Employer beeps in... got as many details as possible between phone cutting out, CONFIRMED start date...

With 10 minutes to spare, manage to complete last box and ANNOY clerk as we processed postage....

Get to car.... sigh relief, thinking I am nearly home....

While sitting in car, get text from Roomie "please go to 'small town' and get me a BBQ sandwich, working late"
I respond: I'm in small town, want me to deliver it?
No answer
  • Drive back to same BBQ shop.... lady asks me "you're still hungry?"
  • Laugh,
  • Order Roomie's sandwich
  • Fight traffic to get back to big town
  • get to Roomie's work, spend several minutes looking for Security Guard to page Roomie....
  • meet Roomie at gate with warm dinner and iced sweet tea....
  • Roomie says "I just wanted you to bring it home"
  • (I didn't know how late he'd be working, so I thought he wanted it at work?)
  • Start back home, get "dummy light" for gas.... (by this time, it was dark outside)
  • drive back to original grocery store to return unopened bubble wrap for 16$
  • stop for gas but run inside for cup of coffee....ALL of the cups were busted around the edges and lids wouldn't fit...try one anyway
  • freeze ass off AGAIN pumping gas
  • head home
  • dribble coffee down my chin from broken cup
20 miles later
  • get home to drive way and parking area FROZEN solid and slippery...
  • unload car
  • open door to dogs barking my head off!!
  • let dogs out, lock in kennel to do their "business" quickly
  • manage to prepare warm dinner for all outside critters
  • nearly bust my frozen ass serving dinner and fresh water
  • snuggle little Trippie (outside dog) as I check his little sweater, put Hombre back into his sweater, sat there FREEZING as I made sure they ate their warm dinner
  • slowly get back to house, stomping ice under feet just to stay upright the whole way
  • collect dogs from kennel
  • settle into house....
  • thaw my hands out
Text convo with several friends and family about NEW JOB!!!

start making my dinner of homemade 'mater soup and 'tater bread grilled cheese sandwiches
Roomie arrives home... with his BBQ sandwich and tea in hand
  • Feed inside dogs
  • sit to COMPLETELY ENJOY my dinner
  • logged online to receive Employee Confirmation and Required Health Check Information
  • Cuss to self that they require my Immunization Records.... know they are LONG LOST and my childhood family doctor has been LONG deceased...
  • Jump to other site to order special Kona Coffee.... can't order yet until a particular KNUCKLEHEAD responds about favorite flavor

log on here to make note of a HUGE DAY FILLED WITH ACCOMPLISHMENTS and very happy, proud, exciting moments!!!
sit here thinking my knee really hurts from CRACKING it on table corner this morning....thinking I'm surprised I didn't break it....

SIGH!!!

Jo???????
May I please have another Triple????
With extra cream?
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: