View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #14
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if it is from AA or NA (thinking AA)... but here is one that has saved my butt so many times:

"pause when agitated"

I did not go to treatment. One day I told myself I had had enough, picked up the phone and found a meeting to go to.

I did not have a clue what I was getting myself into. I was scared to death but went anyway.

So thankful I noticed the downward spiral had picked up excessive speed there towards the end. Humiliation had become the key feature in my life.

Years before, a seed had been planted. I was waiting my turn for a haircut and while pretending to be engrossed in a magazine, eavesdropped a conversation from the woman in the chair. I remembered how impressed I had been with the things she said about 12 step groups and recovery from mind-altering addiction.

I had had enough pain.

A friend of mine, precious young 26 year old gay man, died of a heroin overdose last year. I have known him since he was about ten. In fact, both his parents are in recovery, met them in group ... that is how I came to know Ryan. He was such a loving little soul. Broke my heart when he died. So unnecessary.

Great thread! Thanks!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: