View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In my mid-twenties I lost 110lbs in around 7-8 months.

I ate 800-1000 calories a day.

One day I was walking in the mall and walked by a mirrored post...I had to stop and look again because I didn't recognize the person in the mirror. I never really caught up with my new body...it didn't register in my brain that I was now a " normal" weight; to me I was just Cindy.

The reason I set out to lose weight was not because I didn't like the way I looked...it was because I became diabetic. I think the reason the weight returned, was because I had not really changed my mind-set or my lifestyle. When the shock of the diabetes diagnosis wore off, I resumed eating as I pleased and I returned to my prior weight. I have weighed the same weight
(plus or minus -20lbs) since the age of 18.

I think I heard from someone that it takes years for the image of yourself that you have in your mind to change. That one time was the only time I saw myself as "thinner"...like soft*silver said, sometimes I see "fat" or "flaws", but mostly I just see me.

Edited to add:

The only time I ever see myself as others see me is when I see a photograph. I get severe anxiety over being a fat person...but as soon as the picture is unseen I return to feeling ok.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: