Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I've gained some weight from not being able to remain as active as I once was, but I basically can wear the clothes I've had without too much trouble. I can relate to really awkward statements that people offer unexpectedly, though. Last summer, after riding my bicycle to and from work, people would remark on my body image ... that I wasn't as fat as they remembered me being or any number of observations which primarily revealed to me their lack of experience or inability to communicate with sensitivity, the ideas on their mind. At first, it was triggering to me. But post accident weight gain, for the most part, leaves me worried that I will have to find new ways to help my body stay somewhat in a good shape? The thing that I dislike about insensitive remarks is that it puts an extra burden on me, to not let that type of thing impair my ability to frame my own thoughts in positive ways.

Probably the look on my face when someone makes insensitive remarks to me --- which can range from unsolicited observations on my physical appearance to other types of unsolicited opinions on *anything* --- is the look of mystery, the look of "there's no way to retract your words, so good luck next time, if there is a next time" kind of mysterious, open ended facial expression.

Thanks, Kobi, for sharing your journey about your own weight loss and the many unexpected issues that comes with this particular health issue.

Eta:: I've always taken time with getting dressed for the day, but it's probably even longer now. Mostly because of my back, hip and leg injuries. Dresses are easier. Lingerie is easy, somewhat. Pants or yoga leggings, it's a struggle.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: