theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,870 Times in 2,475 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
My dr explained that I might even feel like I can do stuff but only light activity for the first two weeks, nothing that will get my heart going. Because you want to keep the blood flow down or more bruising and swelling can develop.

I'll probably do a little light walking because i know you need some movement also. I've had 5 surgeries and they also have you up walking within 24 hours.

Walking helps to prevent blood clots, lung problems (pneumonia, particularly after general anesthesia) and constipation from narcotic painkillers, and ya, that's why they get you up and moving so quickly after surgery.

After my first knee surgery, I developed an anxiety disorder. I can't figure out where that came from because I've never had a nervous bone in my entire body, but I got one. Probably because that kind of surgery was so traumatic, debillitating and painful and all of the drugs (a lot of Percocet, mainly) I was on made it even worse. Percocet doesn't agree with me.

For some reason, when that panicky feeling starts, walking helps me. I was afraid of having problems with this anxiety attack business when I had my chest done. Just the surgery thing and all happening again, you know. Well, I did have it for one night following surgery. I got up in the middle of the night and walked around the hotel lobby, which was absolutely beautiful. They had all of these tall ship models in glass cases and you know how I adore tall ships!! It calmed me down right away. I did a lot of walking, though, and on one of the days post op, that Tabs and I were there, we drove down to the beach at Camp Pendleton and walked around there.

I was able to get around really well after the second day post op. As far as the drains go, I only had mine for 2 days post op. I really think that whether you have them or not depends on how much tissue you have removed and how much you bleed. After the second day post op, I wasn't draining much at all, so he pulled them both. What a relief that was, emotionally and pain-wise!!

Have you scheduled your surgery date yet??

~Theo~