View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 01:02 AM   #1
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Support for children of crappy parents

I noticed in the caregivers and stress thread that a reoccurring theme is the problem of having one or more parents that are emotionally, physically, sexually abusive. Sometimes all of them at once!

I would like to offer a place to talk/vent/get support.

I'm going to start off by saying I had a great childhood with pretty great parents who tried hard. But..............

When I was 12 my mom sent me to the grocery store with a long list ( wasn't first time, I was very responsible) and the money to buy it all. When I got back home, my mom and my sister were gone; she had left my father, took my sister, and was gone. She left me a note!

In any case, I spent the next 28 years not getting close to people, and leaving them before they could leave me. I even tried it with my Kasey, but she stayed with me, and we are rock solid.

So, how did your parents screw up, and how did it effect your life and relationships? Do you think you can ever forgive them for their faults?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: