cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Recently I met a sniper. NOT A FRIEND, MIND YOU! It was just in passing. When he mentioned he had worked the Arizona and U.S. border, I was horrified because standing before me was a man who hunted and killed human beings. My first reaction was a need to spit in his face. That was my clue I needed to keep my mouth shut and move on because I realized things would rapidly deteriorate and nothing good could could possibly come from my comments.

Normally, I like to read DIY gadget type books or psycho thrillers.

Now I want to read this book, "The Line Becomes A River - Dispatches From the Border" by Francisco Cantú. I know for a fact beforehand this book will disturb me a great deal. I want a paperback copy. There was only one left yesterday at my local Books-A-Million. It was a hard back. I may wait until February when the 2nd edition comes out but will definitely read this book. It is unimaginable to me that someone could lack so much conscience to do this type of work. I know snipers are necessary in certain one hit situations (example: like SEALS doing a rescue on a person somewhere abroad) but to go in to work day after day shooting people who are attempting to walk across a border ... No Fucking Way!!!
This sounds like the kind of book I'd read. Military History and true books about clandestine operations are my passion. Also, Science, especially Geology and Physical Oceanography...rogue waves, earthquakes, and all sorts of seismic events, make my blood hot. A bit of Geography to kind of round things out.

Add Political Theory (Marxism, Anarchism, and others, even Fascism and Authoritarianism,).

Guess those mark me as weird, but who didn't know that already?