View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #4847
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is weird and more like an inverted step count/non-exercise post.

Just thought I would share what I am discovering to be a different use of step counting. Just short of a week ago I messed up my knee quite badly, minor injury followed up by a ton of overuse due to me trying to “walk it off“. Suffice to say I learned my lesson. I have not been paying attention to my steps for the last several days because I pretty much haven’t been taking any, had to clump around the house on an old-school walker to get anywhere. Yesterday I could finally put weight on my leg and get around a little bit. I was very happy to be mobile again and had things that needed to be done but was mindful to take it easy. Apparently not so much, I guess I was a little ambitious and since I’m sitting around again today I looked at my step count for the last week this morning and was able to see what I did. The upshot is that now I am inverting my step count by watching the number and trying to keep it low instead of going up. A strange but effective way for me to protect myself from myself.

Everybody else keep it up, don’t hurt yourself, and I will get back in the swing when I can reasonably do so.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: