Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
_Kitty and the Midnight Hour_ by Carrie Vaughn. Werewolves, vampires, sex. I'm not sure I'm really going to like this book - although it has a lot of fans - but I'll probably finish it. It will be a quick and easy read, and right now I need some bubblegum for my brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I finished _Kitty and the Midnight Hour_ by Carrie Vaughn. IThen I finished _Kitty Goes to Washington_, and now I'm reading _Kitty Takes a Holiday_. They're amusing and very relaxing.

I've also started _Make Your Home Among Strangers_ by Jennine Capo Crucet. It's a book that wouldn't normally have appeared on my radar, but about a week ago there was a story in the Chronicle of Higher Education. Apparently some special snowflake students at a Georgia public college (I forget which one) had a book burning. The book is required reading for all entering freshmen, and it's part of their cultural diversity program. Some white students took the whole white privilege idea wrong, as some usually do. Well, just say "book burning" and it makes me want to read the book. It's a YA novel about a Cuban American college student and her experiences attending a prestigious and mostly white college. I'm looking forward to it.
I have been looking for some brain bubblegum in the form of a good long series and i see that there are FOURTEEN of these??? Will definitely check them out

Like, i sincerely enjoyed the MaryJanice Davidson Undead and Unpopular, etc. series...