View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #1806
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
With some research under my belt and having talked to one of my customers about it, I'd have to say it's looking more and more like Sciatica.

Frack.

Kelt, I'll take your skinny. You never know what might help.

I find it especially reassuring that "they" say unless it's severe enough for surgery, I basically get to wait it out but it may take weeks to dissipate.

And it can come back anytime.

Oh, joy.

So I have armed myself with: a rolling pin, a foam roller, two kinds of roll on pain relief, several types of hot and cold/hot patches to wear during the day, a pillow between my knees at night, OTC pain relief, ice packs and a crap load of walking.

Because I've got to be weird.

And because walking helps.

Crouching bad.

Walking upright good, mostly.

Until I spasm.

Sitting on floor bad.

Sitting upright in chair good, mostly.

Until I spasm.

Bent over from the waist bad.

Side bends good, mostly.

Until I spasm.

I think I'd be alright if the damn pain stayed in one spot but it migrates.

A lot.

Thanks for those who sent notes and suggestions. It's appreciated!

This is a horse of a different color for me. Usually I can pinpoint that THIS is when this or that happened but I did NOTHING and this started. No tweak. No jerk. I didn't sleep 'wrong'. One minute I was fine and the next I had lighting bolts of pain skidding down my backside and leg.

Soooooo....I am still exercising. Some. Walking. Nothing to write home about but it's better than nada.

My job is fairly physical. Some days more so than others but I always have a lot of bending and crouching and the like so work hasn't been a picnic lately. You should have seen me changing out my toilet seat on Sunday. It took me over an hour because every time I crouched down........ZAP.

I think it's subsiding some but I feel like my body's working against me now and that kinda sucks. It was it and me against the world before but now it feels like a betrayal.

BUT

I have a plan and if it continues past the weekend I'll get the ball rolling for an official evaluation. In the meantime, I'll keep going with my homegrown healthcare.

Gemme
I have this issue with my back so after a very long time of doing all I could to get rid of it I finely wen't to a pain doctor then after test Started taking steroid shots for the pain as a last ditch effort to be free of the sciatica constantly driving my up the wall.I couldn't sit or stand for long plus bending was a bitch.The shots help'd a lot and last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.If you have insurance it should help pay for this,and please get a mussel relaxer it will save you lots of misery.Been there and done that.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: