Old 09-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #1815
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Labor Day and happy first of September!

I decided to get back into the gym today. It's 100% mental, but I seem to do best with my official restarts when they are on the 1st of a month. This being a holiday seemed to just add to the Universe's nudge in this direction.

I found that it took me a little over 20 minutes before I got comfortable. By comfortable, I don't mean fully free of discomfort. I mean that the discomfort was tolerable enough for me to put it out of my mind and concentrate on the workout itself.

Random program, levels 3-5. 315 calories, 3.01 miles, 65 minutes.

About 40 minutes into the workout, the one person that always gets under my skin when he comes around came and set up 2 treadmills down from me. This is the guy that hacks and coughs to clear his throat every 60-90 seconds or so often as well as running and dragging his feet on the belt, making that rubbery screeching sound that happens a lot on buffed flooring. Oy.

Today was a bad day for him to come in and torture me. After the past week and a half, I have no filter left and could not walk away when we both got off the mills at the same time and went to the same shelf to get a paper towel and anti-fungal/germy germ spray. I was polite enough but I did ask him about his shoes and mentioned that they were quite loud and distracting. He said that they were only a month old (LIE!) and that there was nothing he could do about them. I was able to contain myself enough to mutter under my breath that he could pick up his damn feet but only just barely.

I went to the front desk and had a nice chat with the girl upfront about what I should have done and if they could talk to someone about that and she said that I did okay and that they cannot talk to someone about noisy shoes. We vented to one another about folks with bad gym habits and I pointed him out to her when he left but she didn't recognize him as this is not her normal shift.

She is a full time student who has 3 part time jobs and is currently moving back into her off campus apartment. Rough time for her! She can't stand the people that cough on the machines without covering their mouths and especially when they don't wipe it down. She's a nice kid and I think we both felt better at the end of our talk.

Oh! I also spent over an hour walking around a mall with friends today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: