View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #31
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Och it's not as bad as you think once you get used to it. I just used to imagine that I was in my living room, singing for friends.

Haven't performed in quite a while. Not since copd hit hard and I don't like what I hear anymore - everyone but me likes what they hear though.

Doin' it in public can be amazing and have it's errrrm perks too.

Here's a really old video. I can date it exactly because I have hair and was in the process of growing it for turning 40yrs old; that means the vid. is 10yrs old

Fogtown mash (M.Shocked/P.Mayfield)

ps. I'm not the big fat bald dude!

While I truly do enjoy singing, it has always been anxiety riddled for me. I can pull it off, but for the first couple of songs in a show, if you looked closely, you would be able to see my hands shaking, and my knees knocking. I have never gotten past that.

Interestingly, when I was a heavy smoker, every year I got bronchitis, and could barely get a verse out, people always complimented my voice. I was not happy with my voice, but they loved its "smoky" quality, but I knew that I had so much more range when I was feeling well.

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: