Old 01-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #106
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Yes, this is an interesting thread.
As this is a site where sexual preferences are discussed openly, my sexual orientation and that of others on this site are given an opportunity to be owned up to - and, this very fact allows for openness and transparency and something which is not something that I would be inclined to announce verbally to others in real life, apart from many being aware that I am - in their words - “gay/homosexual/lesbian”.
So, I have always had a masculine psyche; I am a soft butch, and have always related better to soft femmes.
Having said that and because of all the meditation I have done, would have say that I have "become" gentler verbally, and less blunt, and am now able to relate verbally to all kinds of people, basically because I no longer seem to have any more psychological (emotional) reactions - such as anger, etc. I like being this way.
To those on this site, "How do I identify?" ... soft butch, female.
When I hear a straight man use the expression, "I am a man!", it gives me the sense that he feels that just because he is biologically male, it gives him some entitlements, some privileges - which in themselves, are the basis of all the sexism and misogyny in this patriarchal world. Hence, calling myself "a woman" would be in my opinion feeding the drama of that very problem that we all live with.
Biologically speaking, it is a fact that I am female, and as far as I am concerned, that is not a belief. And, as I am more interested in facts rather than beliefs, anything else would fall into the realm of ideas about facts, rather than facts per se.
Fortunately, in Canada, people can now opt out of gender identification on their passports by placing an "x" there, signifying a gender-neutral position (joining countries such as Australia, Denmark, Germany, Malta, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, Ireland and Nepal that provide various third-options).
To myself, "How do I identify?" ... human being

charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: