View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 05:54 AM   #6645
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm exhausted, anxious, and frustrated. We have our first covid case at work (I manage a communal living program for 55 women). She was rushed to the hospital at 3am Monday and by noon the DOH was on the phone giving me the news. It has been a sh@t show of epic proportions that I can't even begin to describe. I've been working 18 hour shifts frantically as the state put all residents on mandatory quarantine, putting all new procedures into place for how they can shower/bathroom/eat when all of those areas are common areas. Not to mention the residents themselves who are scared and anxious- worried about losing their jobs, not being able to pay their bills, getting sick. Only one staff member was close enough to her to be at risk and that staff member was my daughter- who was helping her when she went out with the ambulance. So my daughter is on mandatory quarantine and waiting until Thursday when they will test her- but still have to wait days for the result. We have bleached the living daylight out of the whole building and continue to do so several times a day but it's still a crap shoot how this will play out. I arranged for DOH to come on site Thursday to test every resident. And then there's watching the election results trickle in and feeling sick about the state of America.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: