Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I wish I had an answer to how to solve racism and white privilege. Unfortunately, I do not. In this situation, I feel people have shown great restraint and just been very straightforward with the person, yet he feels wronged. He tells Orema to not be so emotional (which is very rude and arrogant) when all of his posts are highly emotional and he's been very nasty to her, me, Cin, and Semantics - basically everyone who spoke out. What he did is not okay and showing kindness may sound nice but all that does is give him permission to think what he did was okay. Seems there is no solution other than to drop the matter and hope for the best that he doesn't do it again.

I am not the most patient person in the world and I am sure there are times when it would be a good idea to try to step back and see the situation from their point of view and show restraint. So I don't think your suggestions are without merit. However, in this situation, I don't think kindness is going to help at all. I think being very clear and straightforward is the best approach and I feel that is what people have done. In order for us all to learn from each other, everyone needs to be willing to learn. Probably best to go our separate ways
Wellspoken...i appreciate your passion...it's not fair that people like me my mom my sisters etc have had to endure at certain times in our lives the knowing stares that say..you're different...but it is a fact of life i've learned to live with and made myself shrug off...i refuse to have a chip on my shoulder because of someone's lack of manners or willful or accidental ignorance regarding my ethnicity...i choose to be ok regardless...not everyone feels that way...as for white privilege..it exists and will be with us for a long time...humans need to feel special it's in our dna and unfortunately that may mean others have to be expendable or optional...but i can't think of that now..i smile at everyone i meet people where they are at and work to make a difference, plant a seed...the only other alternative is war.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: