Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Ditto here.

I just added a bunch of mulch to the front flower bed. I went with the traditional red much and then saw a house with black mulch! Damn! It looks so cooler... more striking! Any pluses or minuses to black mulch?
Lyte, my knowledge is theoretical from the degree I'm taking rather than from experience, but yes. Apparently darker mulches will help absorb heat and warm the ground (so good in cooler climates), whilst lighter ones will cool the ground (better in warmer climates; some plants' roots do not like too much warmth) - and reflect light back up to plants helping their photosynthesis. At night, black mulches will allow heat to escape faster, whilst lighter mulches will retain heat better. Its horses for courses as to what is best for your particular situation.