View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #31
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Arrow Curse Reversed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
It wasn't rhetorical. Thank you Selly for answering.
I am most concerned not with just this (and many others) remark from Roberston, I am concerned that shows like "Meet the Press" regularly have Robertson and other 700 Club correspondents on as pundits. They are not political figures, have no bearing on the inner workings of the USA or other nations. Yet, they are on show after show spouting this rhetoric as though they have a role in things. As though it was fact.

Lots of people are *sheeple* and believe everything on television. That impact is what worries me and scares me in my heart of hearts.
Amen = so be it *,
as exclaimed by the many watching Robertson and cronies on TV.

I was cruising the Pacific Coast highway from San Diego along a beautiful stretch enjoying the view of the ocean** when I crashed..No.not really** the ocean, and heard a story about the voodoo curse being lifted by a group years ago. So I guess Pat R. didn't know God reversed the worse curse cause Pat doesn't listen to public radio . If we are what we eat, are we what we listen too also.? Thinking I will tune in to the Kids channel so I can be a super hero today.. Since the airwaves bring the truth, as does the written word to many, thought I would contribute to the knowledge base.. tells the truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. (doesn't say which God) So, here is the link and part of the story I heard...for those who like to read..--->http://redtory.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/haiti’s-“devil-pact”-explained/

Excerpt below:

So there… even if one actually subscribes to the “Devil Pact” legend, as Robertson appears to, the unholy contract was voided some years ago by Christian do-gooder

On 14 August 1997, God’s people in Haiti experienced a historic victory over Satan, a milestone in winning our country back for God. The reason lies in history. The slaves brought here from Africa have suffered incredibly for many years. On 14 August 1791, a slave leader by the name of Boukman called a secret meeting in a wood called Bois-Caiman near Cap Haitien, which was attended by a large number of slaves. They celebrated a satanic ceremony, sacrificing a pig and drinking its blood, swore to serve the Devil and dedicated Haiti to him. For 206 years, Bois-Caiman was a very holy place, a high place which could only be entered by witch doctors during Voodoo ceremonies. For 206 years, they have been meeting there every August 14 to sacrifice to Satan.

A number of Christian leaders, including Paul and Gerald Clerie of Vision: Haiti and Christian leaders among the large numbers of Haitians in the USA, Canada, France and other countries, called Christians to unite on 14 August 1997 to pray and fast that Haiti would return to God. In Haiti’s towns, villages and mountains, Christians came together to fast and pray, held victory marches in the streets and a large event in the capital from 6am to 10pm during the holy invasion.

Our church members started their march in front of the President’s palace and marched for 6 hours to the place where the satanic ceremony took place 206 years ago. We had informed the government and media of our intentions weeks before the event, and were told that the witch doctors would be there, as they were every year. When we arrived, they had hidden themselves, unable to directly confront the Christians. It was a significant spiritual battle to reach the tree under which the pig was sacrificed in the original ceremony. We formed a Jericho march, circling the magic tree seven times. On the seventh time around, God gave many people a vision of the Devil fleeing from the area. The Christians were overjoyed. We cancelled the satanic contract and broke the curse, before celebrating communion and dedicating the area as a place of prayer. We also declared 14 August to be a national prayer day, on which people should pray that Haiti will return to God.

On the same day, several witch doctors were saved during the events in the capital. Three days after our holy invasion, the witch doctors returned to Bois-Caiman to bring their sacrifices and call on the spirits. After days of effort, nothing happened, because we had commanded the spirits never to return and dedicated the area to Christ.

The witch doctors complained to the government and media. At first, the government also protested, speaking in a press release of ‘terrible damage to a Voodoo holy place in which no Christian had set foot for 206 years.’ By the grace of God, the government relented and respected our legal right as Haitians to gather at any place on Haiti, including Bois-Caiman, where they now allow all Christian groups to meet. The place is now very popular, and local Christians gather there daily for prayer and fasting. All Haitians now know that the country no longer has a pact with the Devil; the contract has been cancelled, the curse broken.

So there… even if one actually subscribes to the “Devil Pact” legend, as Robertson appears to, the unholy contract was voided some years ago by Christian do-gooder..." see link for full story.

There is hope. We have our own Planet...speaking the language of LOVE...
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: