Old 12-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Thanks for posting the site the article came from. Although I am relatively comfortable with my height (5'9"), the above site has lots of good stuff on it (although some a bit amusing re: the whole concept of "manliness")!

I actually appreciate their concept of manliness in that I feel most often like a "Retro-Butch"... I carry hankies and still practice most of the etiquette of the more artful men of my grandfather's era.
They do try rather diligently to blend "manliness" and chivalry with the act of practicing equality and feminism, even. Yes, sometimes manners can seem to be disregarding feminism in lieu of appreciating the divine feminine, however, I think they do a great job in correcting themselves when they do step over that line.
It is a hard balancing act at times, knowing when the feminine wishes to be a princess, a queen or a warrior and knowing exactly how to address all of those magnificent qualities of the feminine woman.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: