Old 12-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #223
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default sacrifice?

When I was in the Air Force I was identified as a female...
I served during the viet nam era.
Not a very fun time to say the least.
We were not allowed to wear uniforms off base, as the civilians would harass, threaten and in some cased throw thing, eggs, bottles, etc.
Words did not was off and being called baby killer was a bit much.

When i eventually left the usaf, i never really talked about my years in service till over 20 years later, I got used to not mentioning it so i wiould not have to hear how horrible viet nam was by people who could not find it on the map.
I got tired of being looked at and treated like a monster because i joined during that time period.

Many folks who did not go overseass in a battle zone feel they did not sacrifice,,,let explain a few sacrifices we did make.
1. we joined while the war mongers did not.
2. stateside provides the support to our brothers and sisters in arms all over the world.
3. We all sacrificed our lives, by willingly becomeing military property for the number of years we served. We were not free to quit, take a vacation, leave, curse out a boss and quit, and in some cases say no.
4. Any biological female in the military is/was/continues to be subjected to sexual harrasment and intimidation; is at a greater risk for rape, and other forms of violence from her own,,,"friendly forces" than in some cases the onew we are at "war" with.
Those are a few of the sacrifices, to say nothing of women with children, whom have been called to active duty and must leave their little ones with freinds and family, etc etc

When we enlisted in the military, we made a decision to make sacrifices in service to our country, as well as our willingness to make the ultimate sacrifiec, death in service to our country. What no woman in the military agreed to was the sacrifice of her body, her identity, her self to be sexually, physically, psychologically, molested, harassed, or raped by anyone especially members of her own unit, branch or country.

sacrifice?
yes, i wllingly sacrificed much.
i also unwillingly sacrificed, my youth, my dignity, my body, my mind, and almost 50 years later, i can say i survived the friendly fire.....
with traumatic brain injury, ptsd, non functional parts, and a few replacements...
and at last i say im a vet, and i hear the words..thank you for your service....
I still can only nod....cause i am not sure if i had it to do over i would opt to serve, and be willing to sacrifice my life, for a country of war mongers that sent my friends to die in a country for the sake of...oil? precious metals? elements? not democracy, not honor, not to save civilian lives....but for oil, vendettas, corporate profits, boron, and other rare earth metals, no thanks, i woud opt out and not buy the batteries, ipads, laptops, etc...if i knew then it would keep my friends and neighbors and classmates that had no choice but were drafted and were sacrificed in viet nam, the gulf, afghanistan, iraq, DRC, etc. ALIVE...
Darn right, those computer goods have to high of a price,,and not willing to sacrifice this generation or the next for more toys!