View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #1391
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Mom was unable to get her chemotherapy today due to most of her numbers being low. Her CA125 has gone back up a bit. I updated them on everything that happened last week.

Her temperature was normal. They told her if she ever has a fever again that we are to call them immediately.

Her oncologist believes the fever/confusion was a result of the bladder infection. Avastin also causes sinus infections and she has one of those as well. He said they will monitor her closely. They do a urinalysis every other week so they will check to see what that says. Finally, they gave her potassium because she's been having severe leg cramps and her's was very low.

Again, thanks to everyone who sent me messages and well wishes for my mother. The kind words and support you have offered mean the world to me!
Oh I'm glad they caught the bladder infection! That does make sense. When my grandmother would get bladder infections it would do the same thing, make her way off character and out of it/forgetful. We learned through treating her that that is often how bladder infections impact seniors. Also super glad you have an answer to the confusing behavior. One less thing to worry about if they are going to monitor her so closely.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: