View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #40
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My best friend's parents were on the Grand Princess cruise ship that had 3500 passengers on board where 21 were tested positive. Her parents are now in Georgia. Her mother was exhibiting symptoms before they disembarked and was not tested. Her mother now has pneumonia and was just put on oxygen this morning; she is barely eating. They are still waiting for test results. THIS is why we need to be vigilant about what we do. This affects those who are vulnerable. Cavalier attitudes about this is what will make this pandemic bigger than it should be.

I work in an agency whose clients all have IDD. Most of the individuals are medically fragile. Our agency cannot close as we are essential. While I do not provide direct care, many individuals and those who work directly with them come to the main office for meetings and to see the nurses. We just closed down our day program and stopped all live trainings. I have to go in. So I know I can unintentionally expose these folks to the virus if I am not careful. Exposure to a lot of them would mean certain death. I am socially isolating myself so that I can limit potential exposure. It is the least I can do for them and others in the world.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: