View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Something I decided a couple of years ago was that I had become too sedentary. I decided I wanted to start incorporating at least an hour a day of whole body motion into my life. Not a fancy or complicated workout, just moving my body, as designed, for a while each day to combat all the other hours I was not moving around.

I simply started walking everyday, I wanted to be outdoors and I live near a beach. The benefits of that decision have been pretty amazing. This one action is now the highlight of my day, everyday. Being by the water and breathing fresh air do remarkable things for my mental wellbeing, and just that bit of low key exercise helps keep everything in my body moving. It has grown a life of its own, and now I am an avid Nordic walker for much longer than that each day. The thing is, that if I had not taken that one action of deciding to get off the couch for a while each day, this never would have happened.

I now consider this to be a healthy lifestyle habit for me.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: