View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

The first year that I worked for my current employer, I was forced to read a book, that someone had decided would help all CSRs. I was appalled that I was required to basically write a book report, that would be reviewed by a group of supervisors, so that they could decide what percentage of the yearly bonus I would receive as a new employee.

The book was called The Napkin, The Melon, and the Monkey. I absolutely hated this book, and I felt it was completely ridiculous that I was required to read it, write a report, and be graded on that book report at my age. But, I did have one take away from it, and that was the need to unplug. I use this word quite frequently, when I describe how I take my mind off of stress.

The way that I unplug at work, is to leave the campus during my one hour lunch break. I seek out a little piece of nature and I just absorb it, whatever it is. Sometimes, this is just the back parking lot at the nearby grocery, that backs up to an estuary, sometimes I go to a nearby park. Others would probably call this meditation, but I call it unplugging from chaos and plugging into mother nature.

When the weather is good, and I'm stressed, I try to get out and go hiking with my camera.

Lately, I have been very stressed at work, and about health issues. So, I'm thinking I need to readdress the need for unplugging.

For me, unplugging is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, that leaves me feeling rejuvenated and happy.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: