View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten.With.A.Twist View Post
"... what shifts in thinking have led you to what actions, and what results they have produced in your life."

Long story - which I'll make as short as possible. A year ago, following a 6 year recovery from a serious injury, I was told that I was diabetic, hypertensive, overweight (like I didn't know that), and heading for a stroke at age 47. That seemed like a bad path, so I chose a new one.

I describe myself as "Practically Primal" now... sort of my version of the Paleo/Primal/Whole Food/Real Food/ movement that's gaining major ground, thankfully! I am now grain-free, sugar-free, legume-free, and consume very limited amounts of dairy (half/half & some cheese).

Within 90 days of making this change, I had lost 30 pounds, returned to normal blood pressure and blood sugar (without meds) and the pain in my joints which had kept me from dancing (my favorite exercise) was almost entirely gone.

I now dance (a lot) each week, feel better than I have in years and want to share the 'right' information with everyone!

Some of my favorite sources are Dr. Lustig (author of Fat Chance), www.slimpalate.com, www.marksdailyapple.com, The Blood Sugar Solution, The Primal Blueprint and this awesome Canadian....

http://www.sarahramsden.com/banana-almond-pancakes/

I love to dance! I don't do it enough. Maybe I will start doing living room ballet or tango while I clean. I could always try belly dance. Thanks for the links, Kitten!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post: