Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
Contessa

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Happy

Contessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST Reputation
Default CSR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
The first year that I worked for my current employer, I was forced to read a book, that someone had decided would help all CSRs. I was appalled that I was required to basically write a book report, that would be reviewed by a group of supervisors, so that they could decide what percentage of the yearly bonus I would receive as a new employee.

The book was called The Napkin, The Melon, and the Monkey. I absolutely hated this book, and I felt it was completely ridiculous that I was required to read it, write a report, and be graded on that book report at my age. But, I did have one take away from it, and that was the need to unplug. I use this word quite frequently, when I describe how I take my mind off of stress.

The way that I unplug at work, is to leave the campus during my one hour lunch break. I seek out a little piece of nature and I just absorb it, whatever it is. Sometimes, this is just the back parking lot at the nearby grocery, that backs up to an estuary, sometimes I go to a nearby park. Others would probably call this meditation, but I call it unplugging from chaos and plugging into mother nature.

When the weather is good, and I'm stressed, I try to get out and go hiking with my camera.

Lately, I have been very stressed at work, and about health issues. So, I'm thinking I need to readdress the need for unplugging.

For me, unplugging is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, that leaves me feeling rejuvenated and happy.
((((holly))))) Bless you for doing this job. When much younger..I did this kind of work and it is extremely stressful, thankless and well..One of the toughest there is IMHO. You have to have one tough spine to handle this day in and day out. I'm so glad you are finding ways to unplug on a daily basis..You NEED to!!!
Contessa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Contessa For This Useful Post: