How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

1. I like to go on websites that don't pertain to me. One that I particularly enjoy is a community for people who feel that they were meant to be amputees, like that they should have been born with one leg instead of two, for instance.

2. I've always disliked having such a common name: Jennifer / Jenny. As a child I had a sobbing, screaming breakdown about it, yelling at my parents about what a bad choice it was for me. Once in a dating relationship in which the other person was not from my social circle, I told her my name was "JennyKate" (combining my first and middle name). Then as she got to know more people, I had to tell my friends and family that I had to be referred to as "JennyKate" when she was around. I had felt very cool with that name, but it quickly became a big joke amongst those who knew me, and I dropped it, along with the relationship -for other reasons.

3. Another quirky name story: I was in the Anarchist Bookstore in San Francisco sitting on the floor reading a magazine about home schooling. My younger brother Dave was wandering the store. The store only had a few people in it. The Anarchist, a white man with a beard and glasses, who was working the front desk said to me, "Ma'am, you are not allowed to sit on the floor while you read." Suddenly I felt a surge of adrenaline, of anger, and I said, "Go ahead and call the police." He said, "Really?" Like, did you really just say that. "Really," I said, and went back to reading. He sighed, not knowing how to proceed, his own adrenaline rising, and mumbled, "God, I wish the collective was here!" Then he came up with a plan. Politely he asked everyone else to leave the store. He allowed my standing, well-mannered brother to stay. Then he put a sign on the door letting folks know that it was closed for a bit. He went over to me and said, kind of like a patronizing counselor, "Let's talk to each other about this. I'm Steve. What's your name?" I felt more anger rise in me, and I said, without having thought it out, just instinctively, "My name is Fuck." He said, maybe a little nervous but going with the flow, "Okay, Fuck. I want to talk to you about how it is disrespectful for you not to follow the rules in the store." We entered into an expected debate with me saying that "For Fuck's sake, it's an Anarchist bookstore!" blah blah. As it became more heated, my poor brother began to have an asthma attack and as he pulled out his inhaler, I knew it was REALLY time to go.

4. For OCD reasons, I don't like to touch doorknobs. Luckily I'm a femme and have an easier time avoiding it.

5. For OCD reasons, sometimes I'll walk up to BB at home with a clean sticky roller and start rolling it on hym, on his shirt or pants. Hy'll pull away, kind of smiling but annoyed, and say, "Stopppp!"
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: