Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

i think this is a great post, and excellent topic. Majority of my closest friends are butch. I see their struggles, and feel the pain that they try to shoulder, and brush off as not important, or... The comment came from a small mind, therefore I'm not going to give it any credence.

But those words and comments hurt. And more than that they stick, and they haunt and traumatize in some cases. It comes from all areas, even in our own community having a distorted view of what 'to be butch' looks like. Frankly it pisses me off, if only for how it hurts the people I care about. Genetic features that they have no control over.. People saying things like, we'll you look femme, for having long hair, and how some (generally speaking) can't possibly comprehend that sometimes butches wear make up or suits for their position in their career, and it being some betrayal to their butchness?

I'm a strong believer, that if we want people to accept and embrace us for who we are, it starts from within. If you are butch, and you want to know what a real butch looks like? Look in the mirror

Last edited by Breathless; 05-09-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post: