View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #75
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post

I believe T will probably masculinize your face and voice enough so that people will see you as a man with or without surgery-[sic] ....it just has NOT been that long ago that people were practically spitting on the ground whenever Queer Butches walked by. If ever there were a flag flying to point out the shift in the cultural wind of this society, I think this one might be it!
Not that long ago it was taboo to be a butch because they were always stereotyped as diesel dykes connotating something low class, at least where I lived. That's how it was when I left the community, and lived in seclusion for over 10 years, 17 years ago. I was amazed when I "came back" and saw the prevalence of gender reassignments and gender queer ID's out in the open. It was culture shock to say the least. It blew my mind because it was always how I felt and I had kept it to myself and with whomever I was partnered.

Fast forward to today...I'm going to find support groups in Atlanta which i think would be helpful and I already have my doc. I don't require top surgery or binding or anything, just the hormone therapy. Working on therapist now and insurance issues etc.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote