Thread: Butch Laundry
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #10
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Ohh... interesting topic! My laundry regiment has changed significantly over time. Years ago everything was only natural fibers which meant everything (all outerwear at least) had to be pressed to look right. During that same time... all bedding, towels, wash clothes... etc... were pressed also. Fortunately, I've mellowed out and learned there are better things to do with my time!

1. Your shirts: Depends ... if they're natural fibers then they are sent out ... cleaned and pressed. Synthetics ... wash ... dry... hang...

2. If you wear cotton boxers do you iron them? Nope. Did ... once... lol

3. Do you ball your socks, fold them as pairs or randomize them in a drawer or basket? Balled/folded up as pairs. Dress / work socks are then separated by color and athletics have their own corner.

4. Your jeans, ironed or no? Can't believe I ever used to iron them... but not in decades!

5. Hand-washing of sweaters and knit vests, yes or no? Don't wear them anymore but when I did, I'd have them sent out. I'm not skilled enough to keep them from stretching or becoming otherwise deformed.

6. Do you have a specific day your do your laundry or is it an on going project? No specific day... but at least once a week.

7. Are you proprietary concerning your laundry or can others participate in the cleaning of your clothes? I welcome all who are kind enough to assist!

8. Do the same rules apply to your bedding or is that a separate issue? I'm WAY more casual about bedding and towels now. BUT... I do make sure to get the towels out and folded quick enough so they're not all wrinkly and/or lose their fluff <-- most important! lol

BONUS QUESTION: How many of you drop off your clothes and have them washed? Did you mean like ALL clothing?? I do ... but only depending on the fabric. I have a couple 100% silk shirts that I won't take a chance destroying. Or if they're 100% cotton and I'm feeling lazy... I may just have them pressed.

That was fun... thanks!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: