imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Well... Since time started in this particular universe 13.7 billion years ago, as far as we know right now (could change), and the planet is only 4.5 billion years old... and single cell life started 3.5 billion years ago (something to put souls into), that must have been a bit of a wait.

So I guess under that definition of one thing splitting into two and thus only one other that is also me - No. I don't believe that at all, as a literal definition.

however, if it's meant as a metaphor as those who feel like mirror selves - yes. I do know that sensation. I've had it twice. And both times it was terrifying/awesome/electric/crazy: when I met my half brother and when I first got together with my ex-wife.

Losing both destroyed me in different ways. Zack dying felt like the person who was supposed to be with me my entire life without question, with friendship, loyalty, understanding, my male twin... left. Just buggered off. Thanks for that. I felt totally abandoned by him dying. I felt utterly alone in a dimension I can't articulate because no one had ever occupied that space before.

And when my ex-wife left, I fell apart. Because she also felt like a mirror. A butch me, a butch me from a different world. She seriously got me in ways only long term best friends did and she just got there instinctively.

So yes, in the metaphoric sense sure.

But literal? No, because I don't believe in that mythology.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: