Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I have to agree with Linus, I believe that moral lies in the hands of management. I've worked at the same company for 27 yrs. Up until about 10 yrs ago moral was tremendous at our company. My company is privately owned, the second generation owners were great and knew how to keep moral high and treated the employees and their families good.

They gave us the highest pay per skill level in this area, we had company paid insurance for ourselves and our family. The company rewarded us monthly for safety and house cleaning, people were promoted for their knowledge and dedication to their department. In the beginning during the spring they would have like a huge carnival with rides and animals and BBQ chicken and pork and all the fixins and events for the kids and fun competition for employes. We had Christmas bonus, and if we were sick well when we got well we came back to work with a Dr note. The owners would come thru the plant and sometimes fall right in with us working. I remember working one weekend and Mr D was working with us it was hot and we were all wringing wet. He ask did anybody have a BBQ this weekend he was told yep and which fire department was doing it, he left and came back with a truck load of BBQ plates for us. We had company paid retirement. In the early 80's when the economy went south. They had employees cutting and splitting wood for their homes to keep from laying them off or cutting their time back.

Third generation owners suck, they were born with a silver spoon and believe everyone who is hired or promoted to a management or sales positon should have a college degree. Doesn't really matter in what as long as it is a degree. We have people running departments with a English degree and one has a degree in religious studies...what is that? Most of our managers and many of our foremen don't have a clue how to perform in their own departments, have never done a job or some may have minimal experience in their departments. Some of us are grandfathered into the company paid retirement, if you were hired after 2007 u don't get any. No Christmas bonus, they don't recognize Dr notes any longer unless it falls under FMLA. We pay a large portion of our and our family insurance. Just for me is over $200 a month They act like they were doing us a favor and invented Performance pay for us, only thing is we can only make 150%, but we can only make that for 7 hrs because they take us down to 100% rate for an hour a day for breaks and clean up even if you don't take a break or stop to clean up. We do have an opinion survey every 2 yrs which is a waste because they don't follow up on anything addressed with the survey. We don't have a company sponsored fun day anymore. Our safety and house cleaning bonus is together now and if one person on your team has an incedent, not a loss time accident just an incedent ya loose half of that money and yes it is taxed we get it once a year at the end of Jan. The managers however get a huge bonus of thousands of dollars. When we were on short time a few years back 28 hrs. Our manager came in one day pulling 2 new wave runners he'd bought with his bonus. Here we all were worried about losing our houses and cars and if we could buy gas and groceries and he's rubbing it in our face his new toys. We get a raise every year. With the 2nd generation owners it was .50 a year sometimes more. Now we get .50 a year period but the catch 22 is we get 30 cent added to our base rate and the rest in graduating increments up to 150%. Now here is the catch...you have to make 150% every day all day to get your full raise...as I stated before they cut us back to 100% for an hour a day sooooo ya never get your full raise. 3rd generation keeps retired managemet personal as consultants and on payroll and benefits for several yrs after retirement.Pay attention here...3rd generation owners come to the plants with body guards.....

Yeah lets hear about moral in the work place...in manufactoring about all you can do is encourage and be supportive of each other, because 3 things will get you gone....trying to unionize, rocking the boat and age, because age lowers production and that cost the company money.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: