View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #4594
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

A lot of chains are suffering this side of the pond too. Poundworld has just gone into receivership, Marks and Spencers a very popular dept store reported a big fall in profits, Toys R Us are all closing here too, House Of Frazer are closing a lot of stores and numerous other's all what we call here `High Street` big names. When these stores disappear from smaller towns it has a drastic impact on trade for other shops and jobs. Again its often the rates being so high that leave little profit left.

I live in quite a rural area so often shop on line and also often feel bad about that so I make a point most weeks of driving to one of the little villages scattered about and picking up a few bits and bobs. In particular I pop into the chemists and post offices as I know when they close it can really be troublesome for the elderly to access the services they need close at hand.

And I`ll say I invariably end up chatting to several people along the way, smaller independent shops always seem to have a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere and have time for those who want to chat as well as shop. After all, for some solitary souls it may be the only conversation they have with anyone all day.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post: