View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #216
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
That is a major turnoff! Also, people who work waitstaff to death.
Ex: I once had lunch with a potential new g/f and she asked about salad dressings.
The waitress named off the usual- ranch, bleu cheese, thousand island, vinegrette and the house dressing. I can see asking to sample the house dressing, but this woman asked the waitress to bring her samples of ALL of them--during the lunch rush.
Then she chose ranch. On a small side salad.
She also asked questions about the rolls, the ingredients of several entrees and the entire dessert list.

Being overly late. After 15 minutes is bad. At 30 minutes, I cancel.

Another turn off is bad grammar. Supposibly and irregardless are the worst.

Borrowing without returning, returning things in wrecked condition--basically everything my pushy new next door neighbor says or does.

One quirky turn off I have is people making "air quotes" with the fingers.

Sharing details of our sex life in a group of people, in an attempt to be funny.

Needless to say, nose-picking, intentional belching and farting, or doing the usual bathroom things with the door open. I don't need to see anyone on the toilet, flossing, or otherwise spoiling the mystery of her beauty.

Finally, the silent treatment or ghosting without any explanations.
If I had a neighbor like that, I'd learn real fast to say to whatever she wanted to borrow "Oh I just ran out of that myself"
"I could care less" vs "I couldn't care less" are my grammar irritations!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: