View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #21
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I've bolded the bit to which I'm responding.

The irony here is... and I'm not disagreeing with you entirely... is that while "white women" might be a subset of an oppressed group, there's large chunk of white women who have (quite happily!) tethered themselves to men... to Trump... to the "oppressors" ... for lack of a better term. I don't know how else we can explain Collins' vote and/or the continued support for these morons by women of all shades ... except to suggest that they must be feeling a little ... better you than me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Nope. It's already been happening. Just ask anyone who is Black, Hispanic, Native American,an immigrant, transgender, etc. White women are just another subset to add to the group. And let's be honest, for all of those women who fall under the groups I mentioned above, what is happening now is nothing new to them. It's the white woman that is now feeling it. I cannot even imagine what a non-white woman has been thinking watching this because because they have been dealing with this and fighting forever.

It would be an absolute insult to millions who have already been fighting for their rights to insinuate that a Civil War is now starting simply because white women are affected.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: