Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
***what??? Torres is with the Mets? Shiiiiit! Frankly, the Giants need hitters more than anything and a good offense... and for so many of their injured players to get healthy again!!

is that why the Sox have collapsed with the Angels? seriously...

Hopefully the Giants will have an infusion of health and get back on track. You have some awesome players who play well as a team when they are able to play.

As for the Sox, a GM and manager change tends to slow things down. We have spent a lot of money on underperformers (Lackey, DiceK, Crawford) so it is possible the purse strings have been tightened.

I dont know who owns the Angels these days. I can see signing Wilson. Signing a 32 year old Pujols to a 10 year contract when his numbers have already been declining for the last 3 years seems ill advised to me. I can see that contract for Fielder who is younger and still producing at a healthy clip.

So many free agents underperform after they get these lucrative contracts that it makes me wary. Last year it was Crawford, Werth, Dunne, Guerrero, Abreu - none producing anywhere need the expected levels.

I get concerned when teams start throwing around an infusion of cash i.e. the Mets a few years back, and load up on high priced players who never gel into a team.

There was an article yesterday saying the Angels and Rangers are beginning a competition between one another akin to the Sox and Yankees. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Had hoped my Tigers would go after Wilson. We desperately need a fifth starter. I hear we are after one of the Cardinal relievers. We also need an every day second baseman and reinforcement at third. Love Brandon Inge, but he only comes to life around the playoffs. The rest of the season he can't swing the bat.

Jake
Jake, hang tight. There are still some good folks out there:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/fr...e-agents.shtml

I love the multi-positional players like Hairston Jr., Cuddyer, DeRosa (if he is healthy), Furcal, Guillen (if healthy and stays healthy).

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: