betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming Texan View Post
Food - It will be everywhere, but I highly recommend Mexican! Bourdo's Bistro, County Line (for Bar-B-Q!), and Iron Cactus are a few good places I have been. There's also the usual touristy spots like Hard Rock and Rainforest Cafe, but I recommend anything but those.
Poifect, thanks. I've got the address/intersection for a few places that I found on Urban Spoon that sound promising (Druthers Cafe is within walking distance and have good sounding sandwhiches, the Original Blanco allegedly has the best enchiladas in San Antonio) but I was def looking specifically for a BBQ place. When in Texas, right? I haven't been to Texas since 2004 so I've been dying for some good BBQ....I'll look up Country Line for sure.

And you can trust me to not eat at the stupid Hard Rock or Rainforest. If I wanted to eat at those places I'd stay in Ontario.

Quote:
Just remember too, it's going to be hot as hell here in July. Be comfortable, and I hope you guys enjoy your stay.
I purchased a few new sundresses and about a litre of sunblock this weekend just for the occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Do yourself a favor and eat the sour cream chicken enchiladas at La Margarita!!

I ain't lyin'...

http://www.lamargarita.com/
My. Hero. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
If you are going to be there 5 days you really should take a trip to Gruene TX, it's about 45 minutes outside San Antonio and you will love it. Here is link http://gristmillrestaurant.com/ . This restaurant is awesome and the town is very cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Yes, and if you're wanting to have some cool fun, grab a tube and head down the Blanco River...there are plenty of places you can do that there....Oh, Gruene has some wonderful shops.
You'll like that...good call Okiebug!

http://www.gruenetexas.com/
I'll have to look into distance buses for stuff like that, as we will not have a vehicle with us. I presume we'll be pretty much just keeping to San Antonio proper though....cuz Nick has never taken Greyhound before and now is probably not a great time to start.