cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Today my heart is saddened by the news of the passing of a dear friend and former co-worker...Deborah. Tho Deborah was Jewish, and not terribly religious - and I don't know if people of that faith light candles - I light a spiritual candle for her.

Tho we were no longer in touch, we had been close for the 7 years I worked in the department. Deborah was the fabric coordinator in the Textile Surface Design department at The Fashion Institute of Technology - a design college in NYC where I worked for 15 years before I retired 1 and a half years ago.

Deborah and I shared many interests which included our great love of classic movies. We had a daily morning routine before either of us started our day. Deborah would come into the front office where I worked, and we'd chit-chat, gossip, talk movies, share our toubles...I thought of her often, and this news I received just a few minutes ago, has devastated my heart.

Deborah was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and had a double mastectomy. She had been in remission, and was doing very well. I am not sure if the cancer was the cause of her death (it probably was), because I was too numb to discuss it with my former boss when I called her about it.

I know she will be greatly missed because she was loved dearly. Deborah lived alone, and I feared she'd passed all alone, but thankfully her daughter, and a good friend - a faculty member in the department were with her when she passed. May she rest in peace.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post: