Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Lately I've been making my own dressings, it cuts out all the garbage such as preservatives, sodium and other harmful chemicals.
I use EVOO as a base for them all. Dijon mustard is also a good ingredient for salads.

Or just lemon squeezed on greens is a very light and tasty way to dress salads.

If trying to loose weight the dressing is where most of the calories and fat come from, so keep the dairy products to low fat whenever possible. I don't use salt on salads, but lots of fresh ground pepper is good.

I was looking at low fat dressings and what they substituted for the fat, they over did it in sodium, so be extra careful there.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: