Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #26
CherryBlonde

How Do You Identify?:
high femme babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she...her...Ms.
Relationship Status:
Single

CherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
May I ask what is it about displaying good manners (ie. holding doors open) that makes them a romantic gesture instead of normal behaviour with everyone?

Romance, like most things, is subjective. I'm with you Words, a simple act merely to please is as romantic as the traditional grand gestures.
What makes it romantic and chivalrous is the fact that not everyone does do it. In fact a lot of people dont do it. It says something about a person that treats me and others like that all the time. It says they care and are caring. It also says they care enough to make me feel special and make me feel safe and protected. Everything doesnt have to be a grand gesture. It's the little things that count too but to say that opening doors and walking on the outside of the sidewalk is not romantic and chivalrous is in itself an unromantic comment.