View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #39
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineTomboy View Post
Being courteous, polite, and just plain using manners in general is not the norm anymore. I wish it was but it isnt. We all SHOULD be treating each other with kindness and respect but we dont. If we we did the world certianly not be in the state it is right now. Why is it chivlrous and romantic to use manners and be polite you ask. Because not everyone does it anymore. It's a lost art of a sort. Besides that what is romantic and chivlrous to one person and between two people is between them and not for anyone else to judge whether it is or is not romantic and chivlrous. You do your thing and I'll do mine. The topic of this thread is "How romantic are you", it's not "Pass judgement on other people's definition of romance".
Maybe it's a cultural thing. In my experience most folks are generally polite and courteous.

I asked a question. What is it that makes manners and perceived chivalry romantic? I have your answer. I'm sorry you live somewhere that folks aren't polite and courteous in every day life. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to explain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: