View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #4664
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Phryxus View Post
A new determination.

I have decided that I need to buckle down and release this weight. I try not to say l-o-s-e weight because I believe words have power and I don't want my subconscious going "Lost? We lost something? Ok I'll fix that and add more."

I am at the heaviest I have ever been after years of yo-yo-ing between 120 and 140. I am now 180,nearly 190 and feeling it. Most of this was put on during a very stressful time in my life. Now that I have a better outlook, I want to feel better too.

According to the BMI chart I should be around 100lbs (i'm 5 ft tall). So i'm trying to think of accessible goals and ways of achieving them.

My biggest thing is doing exercises that I actually will want to do at home. I love dancing, particularly belly dancing, so I'm looking for video instructionals I can do at home. I also used to do kung fu and ken-do. I'd be willing to do other types of work outs as well but my biggest thing is something that will keep me from being frustrated and bored.
Does anyone have any suggestions for dvd's that I might be able to get my hands on?
For something a bit more low impact but high results [...in my experience and when the requisite disciplined effort is put in of course] Darcy Bussell's Pilates for Life dvd is one to look out for.

Walking. Walk, walk and keep on walking...try putting Eckhart Tolle Power of Now and/or New Earth on you phone/ipod to keep the walk interesting.

Start small work up.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: