adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
But of course it is.. When someone asks for the butch perspective, and I go and post, although in all honesty I tend to refrain..But let's just say I do.. People do ask why ..
Well first of all, I repeat, no on asked you not to post
That has been repeated, nicely several times, and its also very clear in the original post. Why you keep repeating it, I don't know.
But to answer the first part, this zone is no different, the OP, specifically asked for a Femme Perspective,m and that make sit different from other Threads, that don't state that in their Opening Post. But again I say, No One has Asked you, NOT TO POST
ok ?
Does yelling it help ? I prefer not to yell but I also prefer for people to actually read what I said. And I don't like it when people read in something, that wasn't there, nor even thought.

Good grief, a perspective, is a exactly that ! Not a Truth with a capital T. And yes, ones experience, ones identification, all those things color our perspective.

Yeah well but you see..None of that..actually happened ..
Do you write scripts for faux News or something ?
LOL! I would never write for faux news....but I have always kind of wanted to write for Anderson Cooper. Admit that he tugged at your heart strings during Katrina....anyway...please do not read my posts as hysteria, but rather with annoyance.

I'm not sure if I've had a change of heart or if it's the drinks...

My post in this thread, I still argue wasn't a perspective but an observation. So to be asked or as I see it as being called out specifically because I don't ID as femme is a double standard that I haven't found in other threads. Perhaps it's there....in the thread on this topic on the butch zone, plenty of femmes posted and not once did anyone ask for clarification. I doubt the ID of femme alone means that someone has a clarity on perspective. Femmes are not the same, anymore then all butches are the same, anymore then all trans are the same.......

Not IDing as a Femme or a Butch for me personally is about how the words are used HERE. Where I live in real time, they are not used in the same way that so many people use them in online. My real time community and I use the words in the same way. My experience online has taught me that people absolutely freak out in the way I use the words....and I know that is because of for many they consider it their gender. Gender is something that I am VERY respectful of on many levels and embrace for all people. How people feel on the inside is not a joke or something I want to be seen as dismissive of... ever. It has happened to me in real time and online.
So I don't use the term butch or femme as an ID in here.
I am most aligned with Kiki in a historical sense. I don't embrace it entirely. I am both butch and FEM which is not short for femme, rather feminine....which is how we use the words here... Kiki was used as a disparaging term during the 1950s which does trouble me for that reason. I don't consider myself a switch sexually - so to me Kiki doesn't equal switch and why I prefer use it for myself.
I love the 1950s version of BF that I have read (I wish there were more) I tend to romanticize it....
I am a feminine woman who is seen as straight in my day to day life. I tell everyone I am queer because I am lucky enough to live where I do....it takes far less bravery then it does for many of you. Location, location, location.
I belong to all and nothing. In my head and with people who know me in real time I am understood or at the very least respected. Translating that online is very difficult. I can say that my experiences are very similar as a woman with many on this site. Exactly the same? None are exactly the same. But I am a woman. I am queer. I am a mother and a daughter. I work. I cry. I feel. I love....
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post: