imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default Things Just Keep Picking Up Speed **sweating**

I knew mum had dementia years ago but getting people to believe me was another issue.
She has been in and out of the hospital since I graduated my board exams, dementia worsening, living on her own.
She finally almost died beginning of May - I was told to rush to hospital and say goodbye - she had been forgetting to give herself insulin as a type 1 (most serious, born with) diabetic. She didn't die. But it caused more brain damage.

So she's been on a locked ward waiting to be placed in a care home through our provincial health care system. Which I am very grateful for - they take 80% of her earnings, no matter what they are, and she keeps the rest.

Today I got a phone call there is a bed, in our city of choice, in our borough of choice (VERY lucky), in a semi private room, with "cat company", there are two huge fish tanks, no locked ward but a locked building so she has 3 floors to wander around. A movie lounge, a dinning room, a cafe, a hair dresser that comes once a week, massage therapy students once a week (I was one of them once so I know the place well).

She gets more of her things than most places, and they want it to be as home-like as possible so they encourage people to bring paintings.

At the same time I have put the house on the market (it sold in 2 days), Packing like *MAD* on my own with a small amount of help from dad (divorced from mum 25 years).

I just signed a contract with an auctioneers who will come to the house and sell everything that isn't packed and put away - takes 12 days.

I have to make sure everything is as they require so that's two more days working my arse off with no break.

I've also been told I need to take 24 more hours course credit by end of Sept for my RMT license as this is a new thing they are making all of us do.
Its on line but FUCKIN NOW? REALLY? ok...

The new seller has in contract mums stuff has to be out by the 20th.

I need to get mums stuff we put aside to her new place in the next few days as she's being moved tomorrow. I was told **this morning**.

My step mum is freaking shit because dad is storing a few things there for a few weeks - so I have to find a storage place pronto and sign a contract with them.

SO fucking glad I have Power of Attorney and I pushed that a few weeks ago!!

My brother is on the other side of Canada going "I don't want anything, don't bloody send it to *me*."

I want everything to be over by Oct 1st. Really, really. And because I got mum's place in a bidding war, and actually showed it to people I really really hope she remembers me (if she can) with the "over asking" price so I can take some time off work and fucking expire for a week.

I've already lost time and thus funds from work doing all of this.

My own apt is a sty because there is no time to clean any of it, or cook. My cat hates me.

And I'm venting on line instead of doing my school work.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: