Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Just a tiny update about my adventures in trying out new plant based recipes and such, today.

I went shopping for the ingredients for the Queso recipe (see post above) and couldn't find powdered cumin, so I substituted Smoked Sea Salt, that I found and bought from the health foods section of the grocery store.

When I prepared the Queso, I used Smoked Almonds rather than the usual roasted almonds. I save the water I used to boil the smoked almonds in and added it to the base of the Cauliflower soup I made a few days ago.... which really improved the flavor of the soup. I also added Jalapeño's to the soup too, which also improved the flavor.

And, in the Queso recipe by Califia Farms, I used two small sweet red bell peppers to the mix... to improve on fiber content and other trace vitamins and minerals unique to bell peppers. Using Smoked Almonds and the sweet red bell peppers added toward to entire flavor of the Queso.

In addition, because it's hard on me to stand for long periods of time, I doubled the Queso recipe and came up with three extra small tubs of Queso. Because it's fresh, it's necessary to keep it refrigerated and to use it up within a week. So doubling the recipe helped because I have Queso on hand for the rest of the week and can heat a small tub of it up in the microwave, to use for meals I have on short notice.

My sister-in-law and her husband gave me a huge bag of Black Bean Vegan burgers, and I need to find out where they bought them because while shopping for Queso ingredients the other day, I browsed vegan black bean burgers in the frozen section and did not find the ones they gave to me. The ones I have are bigger than the BB burgers made by Amy's or by other in-store brands offered by major grocer's (ie, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc). So I'm working on finding a grocery store that carries the line of BB burgers my bff/sil and her husband gave to me.

However, in the link I left for the Jalapeño Queso recipe by Califia Farms, I noticed at the end of the page, three other pictures of what looks like interesting meals to make. I am going to try making the Butternut Squash Tarts with Pumpkin Cashew Crema, next. If they turn out as good looking and tasty as they appear in the photo, I'm going to make them for Thanksgiving, as treats, to take to neighbor's in my community who live alone and have no one to share the holiday's with.

Link ~~>>> Butternut Squash Tarts with Pumpkin Cashew Crema
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: