How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
. . . My daughter moves back home tomorrow, unsure when or if she'll get to go finish her senior year of college.
I work for a consortium of 16 colleges. (Basically we help them do some things as a group that saves them money, and we apply for and administer grants for them.) They are all going nuts trying to figure out what to do. There are so many questions to consider, like: what if students come back from spring break, one of them tests positive, do they have to quarantine that whole dormitory? The whole campus? All the students in that person's classes? Basically they just don't have the resources to do that. So pretty much across the board, they are telling students to go home, and to not come back from spring break. They are working desperately to find a way to let all the students finish up their courses online. There are a lot of questions with that, too: for instance, accrediting agencies (SACS in the Southeast) have not approved all of these courses for online instruction.

I do know, however, that all of our schools are trying very hard to find solutions for their students. Some will do a better job than others, I'm sure. But they are all taking it seriously, and seem to have the students' situations at the forefront of their concerns. I hope your daughter's school will, too - I feel sure that they are very likely to.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: