How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm working in the office. A lot of my work involves copying large files from the server to my hard drive or to Dropbox, OneDrive, the internets, etc. and it takes forever when I work from home. So, it's been approved for me to come into the office. I live nearby. Most people are working from home. We probably have 5% workforce onsite, if that.

I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to washing my hands (old habits die hard) so I'm not too concerned in the regard, but I put on disposable rubber gloves and wipe down everything as soon as I come in the office.

We've had a lot of client cancellations, but they're also wanting virtual access and that's been keeping me busy.

I'm in Southern California and the streets and highways are always busy. This is the only place I've been where there are traffic jams on the weekend. Not now. The streets are almost bare at least compared to what I'm used to seeing.

This is the third time we've had hard times since I've been working here. Right after 9/11, in 2008, and now. No new hires or pay increases, and soon some of us will have to take a 5-10% pay cut. It beats being laid off, though it may come to that, too. I'm doing good for now, other than being in a funk.

Hoping everyone stays safe and protected.
With so many people working from home, and the other precautions you have taken, I expect you're better off than a lot of other people right now.

Sorry to hear about the pay cuts and no pay increases. That really sucks. It seems kind of early in the game for the higher ups to be that specific with that kind of information though. Are you sure they're really in financial straits and not just taking advantage of the situation? (Of course, who can be sure of anything?)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: