View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #4347
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Hopeful. I just got a daith piercing yesterday and am hoping it works for me as it has for others I have talked to.
So, I want to do a little follow up on this post. I had a couple of people ask me to let them know whether the piercings help.

A week and a half after my first ear was done, I got my second because I was warned that if the one piercing does work, the migraines may move to the unpierced side. I did not want to tempt fate. So three days after the second piercing, I woke up at the witching hour (3:00 am) with the beginning of one and was devastated. For me, it starts in my back and shoulders and then creeps up to the base of my skull, all over my head and then right behind my eyes. When I get them, I am totally incapaciated for 24 to 72 hours.( I am fortunate... I only get them about three times a month.) So for me, I am in the bathroom for the duration of the migraine because I vomit/dry heave for days, pee myself because I vomit so hard and am light/sound/smell sensitive. I get hot flashes, and then freezing cold. There is no real sleep. The pain is so bad and consistent that I wake up constantly and an hour feels like days. So, I wake up with the tell tale sign and try to lay down as relaxed as possible for a while. At 5:00 am I get up and drink some caffeinated tea before the vomiting sets in so I don't go through caffeine withdrawal for the first day. After the tea I lay down on the couch and try to flatten out as to not tense my muscles. I fell asleep for about an hour and woke back up to no more progression. To make a too long story short, It never got worse than that. I will take it! It's nothing compared to what it normally would be. And I even went to work with no other symptoms. This was cake. Fast forward to this morning and I wake up at 5:00 am again with the muscles in my neck and shoulders hurting. I even felt it in the base of my skull. I laid back down and stayed in bed til 7:00 am. Got up, tea, and nothing more. I even pushed myself and worked out. (A few hours later) 70 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the rowing machine. I was really concerned with the movement of my arms that I would exacerbate everything. Nothing. I even felt no discomfort after working out. I feel absolutely fine. I know it hasn't been a long time, but this is heaven. So for me, so far, yes... the piercings work.

I feel elated today.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: